2. Non-member registration opens two weeks prior to the start of class. If you are currently a non-member, contact the Welcome Center to get information on membership and discounted program pricing.
3. Visit our Swimming page or connect with your local Welcome Center for class descriptions and questions to help you pick the appropriate level. If you’re still unsure which level is appropriate, contact the branch’s Aquatic Director.
7. Select the session(s) in which your swimmer can attend all classes. The YMCA will not do make-up lessons for missed classes.
8. Swimmers often need to repeat the level before progressing; register your swimmer in the same level for all sessions if you are registering for more than one session.
9. Be prompt and ready to go when registration begins. Know which class your swimmer should be in and what time(s) you can attend classes. Have multiple class choices in case your desired class is full.
10. If your desired class(es) are full, you have two options:
Check other YMCA branches for class openings.
Place your swimmer on a waitlist. If spots open up, those on the waitlist are called in order of waitlist placement.
11. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for your records when registration is completed. The receipt will hold important information including start date and time.