at 09:53 AM
YMCA of Greater Des Moines
Fall Prevention Awareness Day - Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
Did you know?
· Each year 1 out 3 adults age 65 or older will experience a fall
· Half of our seniors over age 85 experience a fall
· 60% of those who fall, will fall again
· Falls are the leading cause of unintentional injury, hospitalization, and death among older adults
The good news is falls can be prevented. Weak muscles, lack of endurance, decreased flexibility, and instability can lead to falls. Get the go ahead from your doctor and start exercising!
Read more about the resources the YMCA Healthy Living Center Offers.
Further Fall Prevention Resources
Iowa Department of Public Health
National Council on Aging
Fall Prevention Center of Excellence
* Indicates a required field
« Go Back
YMCA OF GREATER DES MOINES
501 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309
Copyright © 2020 YMCA OF GREATER DES MOINES. All Rights Reserved.
web development by global reach