1. Registration begins at 5 a.m. for YMCA members for all offered sessions.
2. Non-members registration opens two weeks after YMCA member registration for all sessions is offered. If you are currently a non-member, contact the service center to get information on membership and discounted program pricing.
3. Visit our swimming page or a branch Welcome Center for class descriptions and to answer questions that will help you pick the appropriate level. If you’re still unsure which level is appropriate, contact the branch’s Aquatic Director.
7. Find the session(s) that your swimmer can attend all classes. The YMCA will not do make-up lessons for missed classes.
8. Swimmers often need to repeat the level before progressing - register your swimmer in the same level for all sessions if you are registering for more than one session.
9. Be prompt and ready to go when registration begins. Know which class your swimmer should be in and what time(s) you can attend classes. Have multiple class choices in case if your desired class is full.
10. If your desired class(es) are full, you can two of the following options:
o Check other YMCA branches for class openings. Refer to the swim lesson flyer for class listings and times at their locations.
o Place your swimmer on a waitlist. If spots open up, those on the waitlist are called in order of waitlist placement.
11. Be sure to keep a copy of your receipt for your records when registration is completed. The receipt will hold important information including start date and time.