The Indianola YMCA is the result of a unique public/private partnership, with the City of Indianola, the YMCA of Greater Des Moines, the Indianola Community School District and Simpson College all contributing to its construction and operation.
The Indianola Y opened in 2013 and fulfilles the YMCA mission of building healthy spirit, mind and body for all through programs and services that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibilty guide our work in the community.
Our members and volunteers are the heartbeat of the Indianola Y. Here, people of all ages, backgrounds and ability levels find the expertise and support they need to reach their fitness goals. Come for a visit and check out our beautiful facility and state-of-the-art equipment, including:
- Our 25-yard, eight-lane pool for competitive swimming, lap swimming, diving and exercise, plus our adjacent recreational pool with water features
- Men's, women's and family locker rooms
- Basketball and racquetball courts
- Cycling studio with 20 Keiser bikes
- Two studios for group exercise and mind/body fitness classes
- Precor cardio equipment and a large functional weight training space
- Supervised play area
- Community room
- And much more!
News & Stories
Stay up to date on the latest happenings around the YMCA of Greater Des Moines. Our blog is where we share news about upcoming events, success stories of Y members and the role the Y plays in the community.Visit the Blog