Find Your Reason to Give. Find Your Y.
For 154 years, the Y has been a leading nonprofit strengthening the Greater Des Moines community through its focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Many people know us through our fitness facilities, our pools, our exercise and youth sports programs. But the Y is so much more:
It’s the security of having a place to call home and a chance at a fresh start at the YMCA Supportive Housing Campus.
It’s what you bring home from a week at Y Camp– the friendship bracelet, muddy shoes, and lifelong memories.
It’s the joy in a girl’s smile, and the confidence unleashed through accomplishment, as she crosses the finish line at a Girls on the Run Celebratory 5k.
It’s a father reconnecting with his children and learning to be a positive role model in their lives through our Fatherhood Program.
What Your Gift Can Do
When you give to the Y, you open up opportunities for people of all ages, backgrounds and income levels. You change lives.
- $100 Helps a child learn to be safe around water with 1 session of swimming lessons.
- $150 Supports a youth who wants to play on a basketball team for a 12-week season.
- $200 per month Supports affordable housing in our community by providing rental assistance to a Y-SHC resident.
- $700 Sponsors a week at Y Camp and gives a child memories that will shape them for a lifetime.
- $200 per participant Supports the Girls on the Run program for a 10-week season and gives girls an opportunity to build confidence and learn to use their voice.
Today and every day, the YMCA of Greater Des Moines strengthens the fabric of our communities by ensuring that we all have access to the resources, relationships and opportunities we need to lead, learn, grow and thrive. Your contribution will make a positive impact right where you live.