Our new YMCA of Greater Des Moines app will have all the same features as our old app and more. The new app will work seamlessly with our new EGYM Equipment located at our Waukee and Walnut Creek locations. It's easier than ever to stay connected with the Y on the go. Whether social media, our website or the app, you can access the most up-to-date information. The YMCA of Greater Des Moines app helps you maximize your workouts! Download the App now >
How do I get the mobile app?
Search "YMCA of Greater Des Moines" in your app store to download; available in the Apple iTunes store and Google Play store. Once downloaded, search "YMCA of Greater Des Moines" and follow the on-screen prompts.
Easily browse schedules across all branches
- Search by location, class, area, room and time
- Add classes or events to your personal calendar
Know when something's changing at your Y
- Check facility status during severe weather, holidays and maintenance periods
- Enable notifications to stay informed of class cancellations or branch updates
Quickly scan into the Y
- Store multiple member cards in the app so checking into the Y with your family is a breeze.*
Get in touch on the go
- Find contact information for all six branches
- Entry of workout data in and out of the facility, either automatically with a wearable, via xCapture, or manually entered.
- Optimal workouts with plans provided by your facility or trainer
- Motivation and encouragement as you achieve higher levels
- Time-based challenges offering kudos, activity points and rewards
What is EGYM?
The new app will work seamlessly with our new EGYM Equipment located at our Waukee and Walnut Creek locations.
EGYM is a personalized, full-body strength training experience that uses the latest RFID technology to make working out fun, fast and effective for everyone. In Central Iowa, it’s available exclusively for YMCA members as part of your membership.
BioAge is a comprehensive fitness and health indicator that combines a wide range of measurements into an easy-to-understand age that can be compared to your physical age.
Your BioAge can be determined through various measurements within each analysis category listed above. To calculate your BioAge, this measurement data can be entered in manually or automatically though our EGYM equipment offered at Waukee and Walnut Creek Branches. Please setup an onboarding appointment with one of our trained Wellness Coaches to help guide you through this process. Make an appointment today.
Having trouble with your app?
- Make sure you've updated to the latest version; you may also want to try deleting and reinstalling the app.
- To get push notifications, make sure to accept the notifications prompt on your device as well as go into the app notifications preferences and subscribe to all.
- Have a comment or question about the app? Email our team directly at email@example.com.