The Waukee Family YMCA has served the growing community of Waukee and the western suburbs in Polk and Dallas counties since 2001.
The first Y facility was established on University Avenue next to Waukee High School, in partnership with Waukee Community Schools. With its emphasis on fitness for the entire family, sports and recreation programming and before-and-after school child care, it wasn't long before the Y outgrew its space, and community leaders began discussing plans for a new YMCA facility.
In 2009, the new Waukee Family YMCA building opened its doors at 210 N. Warrior Lane. The 72,000-square-foot facility features an eight-lane competitive pool that is home to the Waukee High School Warriors swim team as well as a thriving DSMY Marlins youth competitive team.
The Waukee Y is much more than a gym. It's the center of a caring community where people of all ages, incomes and backgrounds find the encouragement and support they need to learn, grow and thrive. You are invited to visit the Y, meet our friendly staff and experience all we have to offer, including:
- Expansive cardio and strength training areas featuring a variety of state-of-the-art equipment to help you achieve your fitness goals
- Two studios for group fitness and mind/body exercise classes
- Two gymnasiums—one specifically for youth activities—offer space for basketball, tumbling and group exercise
- An upper-level cycling studio with a great outdoor view
- The Charlotte Broderick Natatorium features an eight-lane lap pool for competitive swimming, diving and lap swimming, as well as a family-friendly recreation pool with zero-depth entry ramp and water features, where swim lessons and aqua exercise classes are held.
- Men's, women's and family locker rooms
- An elevated running track
- Racquetball courts
- Supervised play area for kids and a Family Room for youth programs
- Large, bright community gathering areas
- And much more!
News & Stories
Stay up to date on the latest happenings around the YMCA of Greater Des Moines. Our blog is where we share news about upcoming events, success stories of Y members and the role the Y plays in the community.Visit the Blog